Friday 17 March 2017

WEEK 7: Experimental Life Drawing Session

This last life drawing class was particularly interseting as we were able to draw the model in a different surroundings using our imagination. First ink warm up drawings were interesting as a warm up, the first two drawing I didn't use the advantage of imagination and just drew what I saw, which was a mistake, but I used a lot of my imagination in the next warm up ink sketches. I loved being able to see different situations and being able to interpret them in my own way. When it came to the experimenting with our own medium, I kept on using the soft pastels which I finally grew fond of and I've recently been using them the most. I used the colour as highlights and shadows instead of just going back to black and white. The last picture I enjoyed the most as I decided to colour the full size of the paper. That might not be the best idea at all times as sometimes the illustration looks more clean with less colour or strokes. However I wanted to make it into full atmosphere with all the colours and lightning, which wouldn't work in this case if I just did it with simple strokes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Flickr