Thursday 16 March 2017

WEEK 5: Life Drawing & 3 Dimensional Form


 As I mentioned before, doing continuous line drawing is an incredible exercise to realize your surroundings and to free your hand before doing any more difficult exercises












I incredibly enjoyed the next task, using three tones plus the tones the sugar paper already supplied we were to draw the model and their surroundings in 3 Dimensional Form which is interesting exercise. I enjoyed being able to decide what do I put into the models immediate surroundings and what to put at the back. I did have the possibility to draw my classmates, their easels, papers laying on the floor, bags, and any kind of small detail but I decided to draw just the model, the shapes and the walls around them to sort of frame the situation I drew. 

Finally for the last exercise we were to choose our own medium, so I eventually decided to go back to the soft pastels and colour to experiment with it and learn the way to use it more efficiently. I loved being able to bring actual colour into the drawing and try to do shadows with colour as that's the way we see things in real life we don't make just black or grey shadows. I feel like including things like floor and walls made it look more real and more set into one place. Without those the figure didn't seem to belong to the place.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Flickr