Thursday 16 March 2017

WEEK 4: Life Model, Animal, Birds

We started off this class with continuous line drawing which is good exercise when you need to realize more than the subject you are drawing it is good to draw everything surrounding you even though it may be pretty challenging to realize the relationship all the things in the room have. It's nice to focus on a different matter though.


I used to detest using soft pastels or charcoal in my drawings and that's because of how simply it smudges, makes a mess, can ruin one part of the drawing. However, during all of these classes I've had I started willingly using soft pastels when we had to choose our own medium. I brought life to my otherwise usually black and white drawings and made me realize how many things can I do with them. Eventually those parts that used to be things I hate suddenly became something challenging I learned to love















The last exercise which was the experimenting part with our textured paper was the most interesting, it was kind of bugging me how I couldn't do proper shapes with the cut outs but in the end I ended up enjoying as it is with most of the exercises. I did make the animals look more menacing than I wanted them to be but it made up for an interesting atmosphere, expecially with the splash of colour I added, using soft pastels. In this class I enjoyed discovering my love for a new medium and I'm looking forward to the time when I get to use it again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Flickr